TLC - Unpretty (Fanmail, 1999)
Requested by: kmcroisiere
Being proud of having so-called “yellow fever” is a form of racism. You are not only trivializing a disease that is still prevalent (yes it really is, affecting roughly 300,000 and killing 20,000 people each year) but also saying you won’t date other races is…well racist, isn’t it? You don’t know what tomorrow may bring; you haven’t met all men from every race. How can you happily dismiss a person based on their ethnicity before knowing their personality? You would be happy with an abusive partner as long as he/she was a particular race? Whether or not this is what you believe, by making that statement, this is the thought that is implied. It is a form of hypersexualization.
Sometimes I feel like people who post things like “I want a Korean boyfriend/girlfriend” have this assumption that all Korean people are like their bias. K-pop does not equal Korea.I Love Korean Boys: The Problem of Fetishization (via beyondhallyu)
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
i literally hate when people always try to dismiss race and act like it “isn’t a problem anymore”
i’m mixed. my dad is a 6’3 black male, my mom is white w/ blonde hair and blue eyes.
you and your family have never been randomly pulled over by cops on several occasions just so they could ask your mom if she’s “okay”
there’s still a fucking problem
interracial relationships dont end racism, point blank.